As part of the organization of the New Year's Eve celebrations there will be special traffic and parking regulations in place for the biggest night of the year. From 8.00pm on the 31st of December to 5.00am on the 1st of January 2018 certain traffic regulations will be in force, announced the organisers.
The following streets in the city will be closed:
• Zagrebacka Street (from the public garage to fire station)
• Petra Krešimira IV. (from the fire brigade station to the crossing with the Frano Suplia street)
• Frana Supila (from Petar Kresimir IV to Ploče),
• Iza Grada (from Ploče to Pile),
• Branitelja Dubrovnika (from Pile to the crossroads at the Health Centre)
Public buses (buses and coaches), buses of tourist agencies, emergency vehicles and vehicles with special permission are excluded from the bans.
The organisers have also announced that on New Year’s Eve parking will be free of charge, from 7.00pm to 7.00am on the 1st of January in the Port of Dubrovnik. A good idea to leave your vehicles in this parking and catch a bus into the city.