The European Best Destinations (EBD) organization has published best destinations in Europe for nature lovers in 2018.
As they wrote, ‘’You are a nature lover and want to discover Europe’s most beautiful sceneries, most beautiful parks, waterfalls and walks? You want to relax or play sport in Europe? Find inspiration for the best nature holiday in Europe, in the mountains or at the beach or even green city breaks in the most beautiful destinations in Europe’’.
Among numerous European spots for nature lovers, there are also several wonderful destinations from Croatia such as Šibenik, Samobor, Dubrovnik, Stari Grad, Krk, Istria and Zadar.
The EBD describes the city of Šibenik as ‘’a piece of heaven’’, Samobor as a spot for ‘’relaxation in intact nature’’, Dubrovnik as a city ‘’where nature and history meet’’, Stari Grad on the island of Hvar as a destination of ‘’sunshine, freedom and nature’’, the island of Krk as a nature’s spot where ‘’spring is nature’s way of saying ‘Let’s have a party!’’, the Croatian region of Istria where ‘’colors are the smiles of nature’’, whilst the city of Zadar the EBD describes as a city of ‘’beauty and seduction’’.
Here is the list of European Best Destinations for nature lovers in 2018
1. Šibenik, Croatia
Krka waterfalls near Šibenik
2. Corfu, Greece 3. Dordogne Valley, France 4. Samobor, Croatia
5. Saalbach, Austria 6. Dubrovnik, Croatia
7. Kitzbühel, Austria 8. Stari Grad, Croatia
Hvar is one of the most pictersque Croatian islands
9. Aix-Les-Bains, France 10. Mullerthal, Luxembourg 11. La Plagne, France 12. Locarno, Switzerland 13. St-Gervais Mont-Blanc, France 14. Lausanne, Switzerland 15. Kotor, Montenegro 16. Bonifacio, France 17. Madeira, Portugal 18. Saint-Maxime, France 19. Les Arcs, France 20. Krk, Croatia 21. Azores, Portugal 22. Bergen, Norway 23. Biarritz, France 24. Lucerne, Switzerland 25. Montreux, Switzerland 26. Aix En Provence, France 27. Malta Island 28. Menorca, Spain 29. Capri, Italy 30. Bolzano, Italy 31. Istria, Croatia
32. Innsbruck, Austria 33. Alpe d’Huez, France 34. Gothenburg, Sweden 35. Zadar, Croatia
Zadar has a fascinating history
36. Miskolc, Hungary 37. Sintra, Portugal 38. Mont St-Michel, France 39. Val Thorens, France 40. San Sebastian, Spain 41. Avignon, France 42. Reykjavik, Iceland